How many times have you stood in front of your wardrobe, wondering what to wear and changing your mind several times? How come your trusty outfit from a few years ago just doesn’t give you the same feelings of confidence as it did when you first got it? Some simple style tips and guidelines will help you maximise your potential – without taking too much time out of your day.
We all change both inside and out with the passing of the years. But what is important is to embrace those changes and not try to fade into the background in dark, baggy don’t look at me clothes.
“STYLE IS SOMETHING EACH OF US ALREADY HAS, ALL WE NEED TO DO IS FIND IT” – DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
It’s important not to underestimate what the power of looking good can have on you. Everyone can remember a moment when they were wearing their favourite outfit and felt like they could take on the world. Those moments don’t need to be fleeting – they can be a regular occurrence by just following some simple style tips and guidelines.
The following five tips will give you the style shake-up you need as we move into the spring/summer season.
- Don’t be afraid to try wearing a new colour. Think you’re too pale to pull off yellow? Try a golden shade rather than a pastel colour. Or choose a top with a pop of colour or colourful pattern to really give yourself a boost. The colour red is associated with confidence – choose a darker shade if bright red seems too adventurous!
- Don’t hold on to old clothes that you haven’t worn for years. If they no longer fit or you don’t enjoy wearing them, then they no longer serve you. Clearing out your wardrobe and only having clothes that suit and fit you will make those early morning decisions so much easier.
- Love yourself and stop lamenting your ‘mum tum’ or the fact that you don’t have model legs. Accept that your style has nothing to do with your body hang-ups. Embrace the amazing body that you have – don’t compare yourself to others or to society’s expectations.
4. Your style preferences should be authentic to YOU. Don’t try and copy someone else’s style. And don’t be a slave to the latest trends. Work out what you like and what suits you. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Accentuate the areas you love. Great legs? Wear a skirt with slits or skinny jeans. Hourglass figures should accentuate their waists and pear shapes and might wish to wear darker colours on their bottom half and brighter coloured tops.
So why not spring into spring with a new look and radiating confidence? Your boosted self-esteem will help you achieve whatever goals you’ve set for yourself. And your radiance will light up those around you. Reach out today for a complimentary 15-20 mins discovery call to find out how you can improve your self-esteem with some simple style tweaks testimonials