Around this time of year, there will be a lot of festive parties, and reasons to dress up and look your best, which is why I have prepared a few top tips for creating an amazing skincare routine and Christmas make-up looks for the holiday season.
No good make-up tutorial should start without mentioning a good skincare routine. If your skin is super dry or extra oily, then whatever make-up you use will not set as well as it should on your face. I will highly recommend to you an intelligent line of Kripa Skin Frequency Spray Serums
This skin-care products, formulated with 99% natural ingredients and 99% active ingredients. It gives you an instant fix the problem of dehydration skin before applying make-up. It’s avaliable at the George Marcus Salon
Start with Skincare
Great skin does not only have to be something you are born with, it can also be something you create. How do we do this? By incorporating good daily habits to make sure we give our skin hydration and love it needs for it to glow.
Even if you don’t have any current skincare routine, these tips will be a great starting point for beginners as well as include some pieces of advice for those of you who have been doing this for years as well.
Tip 1: Before committing to purchasing a new full-size product, especially if it’s the one you have never used it before, try and get your hands on a sample size so you can do a patch test on yourself in case of allergies or reactions. Most stores will sell sample sizes or be happy to do a patch test for you. By using a smaller size in the beginning, it will also give you a good idea of how it feels on your skin and whether it’s the right brand for you.
Tip 2: If you want to be a smart consumer, I suggest you should invest more money on buying a good quality night cream and save money on a day cream. A night cream is where you will get the most bang for your buck because by applying the moisturiser and collagen before bed, you’re allowing your skin to restore and repair its elasticity, soak it in without any distractions throughout the night.
Tip 3: If you’re looking for a full morning routine range, however, then there are three main items to look for: cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
- Cleanser: cleansers are used for removing make-up, dead skin cells, oil, dirt, and other pollutants from your skin. Don’t choose one that’s too harsh as it could cause your skin to become dry.
- Toner: toner is seen as optional in many skincare routines but it is great for use after cleansing and before moisturiser as it helps the moisturiser to soak into your skin better. Try to avoid any that include alcohol as an ingredient.
- Moisturiser: choose a moisturiser for your face that has an SPF of 30+. Regardless of if you live in a country where every day is summer or it’s constantly cloudy, you need to have SPF in your daily cream of choice to protect against sun rays and dryness.
Just look at how I transformed one of my recent clients through a good skincare routine as part of her makeover with me – simple but stunning!
Christmas Make-up looks for the wow factor!
With so many parties and events coming up over the next month or so, you don’t want to get bored creating the same look at each one, so the best way to change up your look is to play around with your make-up.
Below, I am going to show you three classic Christmas makeup looks, for day and night, that anyone can use to look fantastic this Christmas. I typically use makeup by Kripa Cosmetics with my clients because it’s natural organic and 100% cruelty-free product so I have included links to some of my favourite products below.
Here are the main steps which are common to most makeup routines:
- Apply a good primer, like this one by Kripa, to a clean face. I love this one because it’s a spray, so it is really quick and easy to apply.
- Next, apply a foundation that suits your skin tone – if you need guidance with this, send me a message for a personalised makeup consultation.
- Afterwards, apply a concealer if necessary to any areas with blemishes or redness.
- Then, use a finishing powder to set your base and make sure you have a lovely and even skin tone.
After going through the steps above, you are ready to change up the rest of your look depending on what kind of event you’ll be attending.
1 | Choose a softer, more natural look for daytime festivities
Your Christmas party at the office might be during the day this year or you may be going to a fancy lunch or brunch with friends. This look will be perfect for any of these events and it’s so simple to put together. This daytime Christmas makeup look which can be easily transformed to night time if needed is something I work on with many clients, like the one pictured below.
How to achieve this look:
- Blush: make sure you understand what shades of blush work with your skin tone. For e.g., if you have paler skin and tend to go red easily, stay away from the red and orange shades and choose a more neutral, brown colour of blush to your cheekbones.
- Eye shadow: Apply Golden Vanilla very lightly across the lid and blend into the crease to make it soft.
- Eyeliner: Apply a black pencil eyeliner starting from the inner part of the eye and working outwards towards the ‘flick’ area.
- Lips: Finally, go for a soft pink, peach or nude lipstick. Cream lipsticks are usually better over matte ones as they won’t dry out your lips as much, however, matte lipsticks may last longer throughout the day so it’s up to you.
2 | Smokey Eye Classic that anyone can do
How to achieve this look:
- Blush: keep your blush shade very subtly and go for a soft nude or brown colour so you compliment your smokey eye and don’t take away from it.
- Lips: similar to the blush, as the smokey eye is queen on this occasion, keep your lipstick to a more subtle shade of nude, pale pinks or beige/browns.
- Smokey Eyes:
- start by applying a nice, soft layer of brown or grey shadow over the lid of the eye with your brush.
- With a liner brush, apply your eyeliner along the lash line starting from the inner area and working outwards little by little. Gels will stay on longer but they are also more difficult to apply so if you are a beginner, stick with non-gel options.
- Then, choose a darker tone shadow to blend halfway up the lid. Add one to three coats of mascara, depending on how much impact you want to make.
- Finally, add a last layer of shadow with a sparkle or shimmer to make it really festive!
Lots of people panic when they think of smokey eye so in addition to the tips above, here’s a video to explain the steps in a more visual way, also you can have a choice to apply a red lip with smoky eyes to give more glamour and dramatic effect.
3 | Red Lip Festive Look
The red lip is a classic that almost any person can pull-off and is a perfect look for any evening party, especially during the festive season. Read below about how to perfect this bold but brilliant look!
How to achieve this look:
- Blush: blush can be complicated to pair with a red lip. A good rule of thumb is to choose a similar shade but use it softly. If you’re wearing a coral red lipstick, choose a warm blush colour. If you’re wearing a blue-based red lipstick, go with a cooler blush shade and apply softly and subtly.
- Eye shadow: your lipstick is the centrepiece of this look so you want all eyes to be directed there. Select an eye shadow in the brown, beige or ivory shades to compliment the red lip.
- Eyeliner: make your eyelashes pop with Kripa’s Pure Intensity Mascara for a long-lasting look that won’t dry out your lashes after a long night of dancing.
- Lips: choosing your red comes down to personal preference. You can go for an orange-based red if you prefer warmer, friendlier tones, or a blue-based red if you’re feeling bold and want to push your confidence to new heights!
Finally, here’s a short tutorial video to explain the steps in a more visual way and help you achieve a Glossy Party Red Lip.
Let me know if you try out any of these Christmas makeup looks throughout the party season!
If you’d like my support with your overall image or hair and make-up, contact me here or reach me on +34 654 189 358 to schedule a complimentary 20 minutes call. I also team up with the professional photographers at Madas Commercial Photography & Aaron Jean photography to provide Linkedin headshot and business styling services.